Our aim is to support sustained efforts to eliminate the digital divide as a barrier to economic and educational opportunity. As a federally tax-exempt nonprofit, NCDE provides free dissemination and policy education as well as comprehensive, fee-based consulting services, in support of digital equity for economic and educational inclusion.
Our commitment is to “field building” — generating a sustained national infrastructure to support evidence-based practices in eliminating the digital divide as the crushing barrier it presents to the nation’s low- and moderate-income learners and communities.
Our Strategic Priorities
1. Mobilizing states and communities to undertake sustained efforts to eliminate the digital divide and strengthen local coordination to build more robust pathways into living wage careers, fostering an inclusive high-skill, high-wage economy for all.
2. Providing guidance for partnership development: developing empirically-based guides for state and local leaders leaders in banking, school systems, postsecondary education, philanthropy, and educator preparation on how to develop partnerships, tap Community Reinvestment Act and other resources, and foster digital equity for economic inclusion.
3. Generating and disseminating research and evaluation on effective digital equity and economic inclusion practices through GIS mapping, our growing clearinghouse on resources across a growing array of essential dimensions of a systemic approach to digital equity, research and evaluation, and dissemination of best and promising practices. Partners such as the National Coalition of Educators enable us to share best practices with every professional educator in the nation.
Who We Are
Our Board of Directors
Dr. Paul Resta, President
Susan Ballard, Vice-President
Dr. Robert McLaughlin, Secretary-Treasurer
Dr. Mary Ford
Our Leadership Council
- Dr. Chris Dede, Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Dr. Jeremy Roschelle, Digital Promise
- Skip Stahl, Co-Director, National Center on Accessible Instructional Materials, CAST
- Lisa Trisciani, Field Sales Vice-President, Connection Public Sector Solutions
American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education
American Association of School Administrators
American Association of School Librarians
Association of Educational Service Agencies
Connection Public Sector Services
Douglas Stewart Inc.
Global SchoolNet Foundation
Grantmakers For Education
Institute for the Study of Knowledge Management in Education
The Learning Accelerator
National Association of State Boards of Education
National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future
National Education Broadband Service Association
National School Boards Association
National Writing Project
New England School Library Association
New Hampshire Dept. of Education Office of Education Technology
Partnership for 21st Century Skills
Sage Sustainable Electronics
Smart Chicago Collaborative
State Education Technology Directors Association
Technology for Equitable Learning Opportunities (TELOS), Stanford University
Tennessee Board of Regents Office of Emerging Technologies and Mobilization
University of Washington, Technology and Social Change Group
Young People’s Project