NH Forum on Digital Equity Funding for Financial Inclusion and Empowerment
NCDE’s Bank On New Hampshire, the NH Bankers Association and NCDE’s State Financial Empowerment Leaders Network invite you and fellow NH banking leaders, especially in financial inclusion and community reinvestment, to learn about unprecedented opportunities to leverage $200+ million in federal funding coming to NH over the next four years for broadband access and digital equity, to support your efforts to meet the needs of the unbanked and underbanked and develop financial literacy skills for LMI learners of all ages. This funding will make it much more feasible to:
– fully serve unbanked and underbanked rural customers without the expense of opening up new branches
– align federally-funded cybersafety skill development and multilingual tech support with your volunteers’ financial inclusion and literacy training efforts
– provide donor-funded tablets, laptops and smartphones bundled with pointers to Bank On certified products and financial literacy resources
A panel well-versed in financial and digital inclusion will start the conversation, followed by Q&A.
* Matt Conserva, director, broadband initiatives. NH Dept. of Business and Economic Affairs
* Kristy Merrill, president, New Hampshire Bankers Association
* Ken Sheldon, New Hampshire state president, Bank of America
* Bob McLaughlin, executive director, NCDE, and member, State Financial Empowerment Leaders Network
Moderated by Venus Lockett, chief empowerment officer, Bank On Georgia, and member, State Financial Empowerment Leaders Network
Please note that this forum will be followed by an action-planning strand for banking leaders at the NH Leadership Summit on Digital Equity: Strengthening Access to Broadband, Computers and Support at Manchester Community College on March 14, 2025. Summit details will be shared soon!